I'm so glad you found me and can't wait to get you on my newborn schedule.
Awaiting the arrival of your new little one can be filled with many tasks and a little apprehension when you don't know what to expect. That should not be the case when booking a session with me. I want this to be an easy process where you know exactly what to expect each step of the way.
This guide will help you know
1. When to book
2. What to expect for different age newborns
3. What type of newborn session is best for you and where and when they take place
4. What's provided for your session
5. What to expect after your session
I suggest booking newborn sessions 2-3 months in advance. Sooner if you know you'll need a weekend session or if your baby is due in the summer or around a holiday.
My sessions are designed to suit any age newborn. However, you can expect different things at different ages. The expectations listed below are average. All babies are different.
Birth to 3 weeks
Babies this age will generally sleep the majority of their session and are usually more content throughout the session. You can expect them to be sleeping in most of the shots.
3 - 4 weeks
Babies this age are often more alert and take longer to settle. You can expect a variety of sleeping and awake shots.
Babies this age are likely to be awake most of their session. You can expect mostly awake shots, some smiles, and possibly some sleeping shots if they are ready to sleep during your session.
All 4 of my newborn sessions are designed with your enjoyment and comfort in mind. I want you to feel relaxed and comfortable and let me stress over all the details.
Choose from a Fresh 48 hospital session, lifestyle studio session, in-home lifestyle session or an outdoor lifestyle session.
These sessions take place at your home and are great for capturing your family in the place where you'll make most of your memories and are most comfortable.
Because I am a natural light photographer shooting is limited to the areas of your home with natural light.
In-home lifestyle sessions include 40+ digital images for download with a print release.
In home sessions are available at 10 am on weekdays. Weekends are available for an additional fee of $75. Travel fees may apply for sessions outside the Birmingham area.
In-Home Sessions - $475
Studio newborn sessions take place in my all-white studio in my home in Vestavia.
They are great if you love a clean, studio lifestyle look or feel like your home may not have appropriate lighting to capture the light and airy images I am known for. Along with white floors, walls and curtains for a classic, minimal feel my studio offers a queen size bed with white linens and pillows to add a relaxed in-home feel to your session.
Siblings can enjoy play time in the adjacent room. Snacks and drinks will be available for your enjoyment. .
These sessions include 40+ digital images for download with a print release. They are generally 1.5 to 2 hours in length.
Studio sessions are available at 10 am on weekdays. Weekends are available for an additional fee of $75
Studio Sessions - $425
Outdoor newborn sessions are a great way to document your family in a beautiful and original way and the best option if it's warm out and you would prefer not to enter my home or have me enter yours.
These sessions take place at sunrise or 1 hour before sunset in an outdoor location of your choice. They are limited scheduling during the the warmer months and available on weekday and weekend evening and Saturday at sunrise. Travel fees may apply for sessions outside the Birmingham area.
Outdoor Lifestyle Sessions - $400
Fresh 48 sessions take place at babies place of birth before you leave the hospital or in the first 2 days after birth. They are perfect for documenting all the newness of your little one and all of the firsts that come with a new baby.
Fresh 48 sessions are available at any Birmingham area hospital. Travel fees may apply for sessions outside the Birmingham area.
Fresh 48 sessions are available only with a booked newborn session. They include 40+ images and are usually 1 hour in length.
Fresh 48 Hospital Sessions - $300
Neutral colored wraps and blankets are provided for all newborn sessions.
All newborn clients may borrow dresses from my client wardrobe for women and girls. You may request to see these options ahead of time and then set up an appointment to try things on.
I am always happy to incorporate small props as long as they don't require baby to be posed on or in them. Moses baskets, cradles and cribs are not considered props.
1. Before I schedule a session with a new client I love to get you on the phone to discuss your needs and wants and determine if you're a good fit for my style.
2. After our chat I will email you with a booking link. You'll be able to sign your contract, pay your date reservation fee of $150 and fill out a session questionnaire that will help me learn more about your family.
3. After your session is booked you will receive wardrobe suggestions that will look great with my style and the location we have chosen for your session. I will help you choose clothing items you already have, shop for you online or you may choose a clothing option from my client closet for women and girls. My client closet is available for full family sessions or studio or in-home newborn sessions. You may book an appointment to come try on dresses before your session.
4. 2 weeks before your session you will receive a reminder to pay your final balance.
5. 3 days before your session I will send session preparations tips along with directions to your session location.
After your session I will select the best images from your session and edit each one to fine tune details and remove distractions like unwanted facial blemishes and stray hairs.
High-resolution, digital images will be delivered to you via online link within 2 weeks of your session.
Before releasing your images for download you will have the opportunity to request additional edits or changes to your images.
After Your Session